[RTTY] W7TI Russian WW RTTY score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W7TI Russian WW RTTY score
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:40:10 -0700
First time for major effort in the Russian WW contest.  I like the rules
(don't have to use the /6 after my call) and there seemed to be quite a
bit of activity for a summer event, although most Eu stations were weak
and I had to ask for lots of repeats.  Sorry, guys.

Worked an all time new RTTY country, Iceland, and almost had another,
India.  VU3YFD was calling CQ but I could not get him to answer in spite
of him being fairly strong.  In fact, he was so strong I wonder if he
might be a slim.  Anyone know?  His call printed cleanly several times,
so I'm sure it wasn't a busted VE3.  Darn.

I was surprised to see other stations listing QSOs on 80 or 40.  I spent
about an hour doing  mixed CQ/S&P and never heard anyone.  Bad timing,
probably.  Only three on 10 and they were all stateside and all pretty
weak.  Bring on fall/winter!!

The Details:

2001 Russian RTTY WW

Call used: W7TI
Location:  California, USA
Single OP, all band, one radio

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80         0     0     0     0
40         0     0     0     0
20       128   915    11    27
15       141  1165    14    34
10         3    15     0     1
--------------------------------
Total    272  2095    25    62

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 182265

Power Output: 1500

Time of operation:  17h 01m

Radio Stuff:

TX/RX:  Kenwood TS-870S
Amp:    Commander HF-2500
Antennas:  20/15/10 - Cubex 4-el quad @ 80 feet
           80/40 - W9INN multi-band dipole @ 70 feet
Software: RTTY by WF1B  ver 5.02 + RiTTY by K6STI ver 4.51

73, Bill W7TI