FW: [RTTY] GAP Verticals

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [RTTY] GAP Verticals
From: w1vxv@adelphia.net (Bob Boyd)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 06:06:59 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Boyd [mailto:w1vxv@adelphia.net]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 5:34 AM
To: 'rtty-admin@contesting.com'
Subject: RE: [RTTY] GAP Verticals

I've had one up for two years on the coast of Maine.  It does indeed
require help when putting it up (someone on each of the four sets of
guys, and someone to walk it up).  No problem in high winds.

It performs well on 40 and 80 (better than wire antennas which I don't
have high enough up) but not very good on 20 where my 3 element at 50'
beats the pants off it.

Bob - NT1V