Propagation

[Propagation+Space Weather] The W1AW Weekly Propagation Report - 2019 Ju

To: propagation@contesting.com
Subject: [Propagation+Space Weather] The W1AW Weekly Propagation Report - 2019 Jul 12 21:46 UTC
From: nw7us@sunspotwatch.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 21:46:03 +0000
This e-mail posting is from the Radio Propagation Reflector that you're
currently subscribed to.  Refer to the end of this e-mail for directions on how
to change your subscription options, or to unsubscribe.
_______________________-start-_________________

The following is the weekly propagation bulletin from W1AW / ARRL (posting on 20190712 21:46 UTC):

QST de W1AW Propagation Forecast Bulletin 28 ARLP028 >From Tad Cook, K7RA Seattle, WA July 12, 2019 To all radio amateurs

SB PROP ARL ARLP028 ARLP028 Propagation de K7RA

Like June 24 to 27, July 7 had a new spot from cycle 25, according to the magnetic signature. This week's brief appearance was last Sunday with a daily sunspot number of 12.

Average daily solar flux declined marginally from 67.5 to 67.1.

Predicted solar flux for the next 45 days is 67 on July 12 through August 25. That's right, 67 on every day.

Predicted planetary A index is 8 on July 12, 5 on July 13 to 15, then 12 and 8 on July 16 and 17, 5 on July 18 to 27, 8 on July 28, 5 on July 29 through August 4, then 12, 15 and 12 on August 5 to 7, 5 on August 8 to 23, 8 on August 24 and 5 on August 25.

Interesting article on space weather:

https://bit.ly/2G7Oz5g

A recent video from Tamitha Skov:

https://youtu.be/q066gUaSsAU

OK1HH is taking a week off from his geomagnetic forecast, and will return next week.

On Thursday night as I put this bulletin to bed, I am enjoying monitoring remote receivers around the world, via https://sdr.hu/?q=kiwisdr . Currently listening to European CW traffic on 40 meters from a receiver in Ukraine.

If you would like to make a comment or have a tip for our readers, email the author at, k7ra@arrl.net.

For more information concerning radio propagation, see the ARRL Technical Information Service at http://arrl.org/propagation-of-rf-signals. For an explanation of numbers used in this bulletin, see http://arrl.org/the-sun-the-earth-the-ionosphere.

An archive of past propagation bulletins is at http://arrl.org/w1aw-bulletins-archive-propagation. More good information and tutorials on propagation are at http://k9la.us/.

Monthly propagation charts between four USA regions and twelve overseas locations are at http://arrl.org/propagation.

Instructions for starting or ending email distribution of ARRL bulletins are at http://arrl.org/bulletins.

Sunspot numbers for July 4 through 10, 2019 were 0, 0, 0, 12, 0, 0, and 0, with a mean of 1.7. 10.7 cm flux was 67.8, 67.5, 66.5, 67.3, 66.5, 66.8, and 67.6, with a mean of 67.1. Estimated planetary A indices were 5, 5, 3, 5, 9, 17, and 15, with a mean of 8.4. Middle latitude A index was 8, 6, 5, 5, 7, 16, and 13, with a mean of 8.6.

https://groups.io/g/propagation-and-space-weather

Spread the word!

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Links of interest:

+ Amazon space weather books: http://g.nw7us.us/fbssw-aSWSC
+ https://Twitter.com/NW7US
+ https://Twitter.com/hfradiospacewx

Space Weather and Ham Radio YouTube Channel News:

I am working on launching a YouTube channel overhaul, that includes series of videos about space weather, radio signal propagation, and more.

Additionally, I am working on improving the educational efforts via the email, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, and other activities.

You can help!

Please consider becoming a Patron of these space weather and radio communications services, beginning with the YouTube channel:

https://www.patreon.com/NW7US

The YouTube channel:
https://YouTube.com/NW7US

..

The W1AW Weekly Propagation Report - 2019 Jul 12 21:46 UTC