Propagation

Re: [Propagation] 10.7-cm flux - highest yet in current Sunspot Cycle 24

To: <propagation@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Propagation] 10.7-cm flux - highest yet in current Sunspot Cycle 24
From: w7psk@w7psk.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:14:14 -0400
This e-mail posting is from the Radio Propagation Reflector that you're
currently subscribed to.  Refer to the end of this e-mail for directions on how
to change your subscription options, or to unsubscribe.
_______________________-start-_________________

Hi Tom
Im in CN87vw in Everett. I dabbled in the CQWW this past weekend and had a
blast. I picked up ZS4U on 15 meters and according to my log the last ZS I
heard on 15m was February of 2005. Also I heard, but couldn't break the pileups
on 15m 6W1RY and 9M8Z,I did however manage a QSO with AH0BT on SAIPAN. I also
worked a bunch of CTs and EA8s on 15. Of course SA and Caribbean were booming
in. 20m was just crowded as all get out and worked a ton of EU stations.

So as you can see 15m was very very active and this with a A-4S mounted on a
roof tower at a total of 28ft or so. Running an ICOM 746 Barefoot too.

Looking forward to the CQWW CW as that should give me a shot at some rare ones
by not needing power. I'm not as proficiency in CW anymore but I can hunt and
peck at it for contacts

Thanks

Scotty W7PSK