Propagation

Re: [Propagation] Cubical Quad antenna model for VOACAP???

To: propagation <propagation@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Propagation] Cubical Quad antenna model for VOACAP???
From: "NW7US, Tomas" <nw7us@hfradio.org>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 07:42:11 -0700
This e-mail posting is from the Radio Propagation Reflector that you're
currently subscribed to.  Refer to the end of this e-mail for directions on how
to change your subscription options, or to unsubscribe.
_______________________-start-_________________

> NA6Z wrote:
>
>  >Does anyone have a VOACAP-format Cubical Quad
> antenna model, or know where I can find one?

There are two Quad antenna models in ACE-HF.  These are located in the
Quads folder.  Use HFANT to get their gains and design freqs.  These were
contributed by Jay Terleski, WX0B, and like all VOACAP Type 13 files, are
for a single freq.

For more detailed Quad models, I would recommend that you contact Dr. L.
B. Cebik, W4RNL, who is an active consultant to ACE-HF, at www.cebik.com.
In ACE-HF V2.05, they have added a Type 13 Antenna Analysis capability
where one can animate through a many Type 13 models as you wish.  L. B.
has contributed (ACE-HF paid for them) a series of 29 Type 13 models for a
Terminated Folded Dipole running from 2 to 30 MHz.  They are quite
spectacular when animated, and there is also a new 3D chart that will blow
your socks off.

I've reviewed ACE-HF in CQ and in PopComm.

73 de Tomas, NW7US ( http://ic-discipleship-ministries.org/ )

: Propagation Editor for CQ, CQ VHF, Popular Communications :
: Creator; live propagation center http://prop.hfradio.org/ :
: Associate Member of Propagation Studies Committee of RSGB :
: 122.93W 47.67N / Brinnon, Washington USA CN87 CW/SSB/DIGI :
: 10x56526, FISTS 7055, FISTS NW 57, Lighthouse Society 144 :
: Technical Writer for http://entirenet.net  (Microsoft KB) :