Propagation

Re: [Propagation] Re: [PSC.Committee] Antipodal Focusing

To: <propagation@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Propagation] Re: [PSC.Committee] Antipodal Focusing
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:35:11 -0400
Realizing that this is just an anecdote, I cannot help but remember the summer of 1965, when I was living in Seoul, Korea and running 100 watts and a low dipole on 20 meters. Every evening I heard CE3RE 20-30 dB over S9, with reciprocally good reports, when nothing else in South or North America was to be heard with signal strengths anything like comparable. It got to the point where one or the other of us had only to clear his throat between 14150 and 14200, and the other would know he was on the band. Clearly there was something special going on, and it was not a rarity that summer, anyway.

73, Pete N4ZR