Orion

Re: [Orion] New Orion Owner

To: KO1H@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Orion] New Orion Owner
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 20:18:49 -0500
Hello John,
        You can use any standard serial cable with the Orion.  As far as
the USB -> RS232 converters, they will work fine with normal rig usage,
from what I've seen (and I'm using a microHam DigiKeyer on the USB port
to the Orion successfully), however in some situations they will not work
for updating the microcode.  In my setup, for whatever reason, I need to
use the RS232 cable for updates, but all else works fine via the
DigiKeyer on the USB port.

        73, Duane