Orion

Re: [Orion] Orion RX and Monitor "Going To Sleep"

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion RX and Monitor "Going To Sleep"
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:10:50 -0700

Eric,
I'm using the ORION II with version 2.037j and so don't have the same
equipment, but when I did have the ORION running version 1.*** it would do
this once in a while.  As you say turning the radio on and off would reset
it.  I also found that pushing the MENUS button would also reset it,
usually.  Pushing the MENUS button and holding it until the version was
displayed also seemed to work in some cases, but not all.

Generally if you continue to have this problem I'd suggest doing a battery
reset to clear out the RAM and perhaps whatever is not right will reload in
a more stable configuration or something.  If I remember right you hold in
the VFOB>M button while turning on the rig, or if that isn't the
combination, it would be the LCK button under the VFOB>M button.  I don't
want to try on mine, cuz it erases the memories stored.
73 and good luck.
Ron
KA7U

   1. Orion  RX and Monitor "Going To Sleep" (Eric Rosenberg W3DQ)
   2. So the grounds not that cold (Daniel Martin)

Message: 1