Orion

[Orion] line level output and PSK31

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] line level output and PSK31
From: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:41:25 -0600
Group,

As I mentioned before I am thinking of acquiring an Orion II.  Those
of you who operate PSK31 is the line level output (1.0, 0.5, or 0,25)
sufficient to show a signal on the waterfall??  Also as mentioned, I
now have a PRO III and it does not have a line level output - and I
have to use the speaker output jack to feed the computer.  This of
course screws up the volume setting for other modes and when going
back to PSK.

I also am interested in the rx equalization, especially on treble
boost, as I have almost lost the ability to hear the higher
frequencies.

The third question I have is how good is the OII for SWL listening??

Thanks,

73, Dick, N5XRD