Orion

Re: [Orion] Orion Audio

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion Audio
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 06:16:33 -0500
> audio with or WITHOUT the processor turned on.  By the way, when an
> external speaker is plugged into the back, no problems.

Which would certainly point to the headset ...

Worth tyring a few turns of the headset cord around a suitable toroid.  There
are a
number of folks who've found that necessary, but I don't know if it's more
specific
to the Heil phones than others.  I've never had any RF problems with the Koss
cans I normally use (or any other kind of RF issue for that matter), with
either the
Orion I or the II, although it gets reported from time to time.

And this isn't a standard  "feature" of the radio :-)

Grant/NQ5T