Orion

[Orion] Sub-Receiver Muting

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Sub-Receiver Muting
From: "James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:02:58 -0500
Gang,
I use my Orion subreceiver with my vintage AM station (currently a
Johnson Ranger and Desk KW) and would like to mute the Orion
receivers when I'm transmitting. THe only way I;ve been able to do it
is to disable the Orion TX and to close the PTT line, which is a
cumbersome solution. I'm wondering it there's an easy way to mute the
Orion by making a simple hardware modification and using the spare
RCA jack as the external mute jack? Ideally, I'd like to diasble the
receivers on mute and not just quiet the audio chain.
Tnx,

Jim W8ZR