Orion

[Orion] Next firmware update?

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Next firmware update?
From: "James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:38:38 -0600
Anybody know when the next version of the Orion firmware update is
expected?  I was hoping TT would issue it before the Dayton Hamvention, but
obviously they didn't.  I keep hoping TT will fix the AM subreceiver
problem, which at this point is my biggest gripe with the radio.  The bug
makes the Orion pretty much useless for serious SWL use.  There is also
plenty of room for improvement in making the rig more user friendly,
especially in simplifying some of the clunky menu selections (e.g., the
mode selection), and I keep hoing they'll be addressed in the next upgrade.

Jin W8ZR