Orion

Re: [Orion] RIT/XIT in Orion

To: Grant Youngman <nq5t@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] RIT/XIT in Orion
From: Jay Terleski <jayt@arraysolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:31:47 -0500
Grant or anyone.
Related to the RIT control, and the POD tuning otption.  Is there a way
to assign RIT to one of the PODs function keys?  I couldn't figure it
out. But seems like this would be a standard option.   Can anyone lead
how to do it.
Thanks
Jay

Grant Youngman wrote:

>>After engaging the XIT and setting the offset, I turned on
>>the RIT but the offset is 0, not the offset already set with
>>the XIT.  When I turn the RIT knob the XIT moves along with
>>the RIT, maintaining a difference between transmit and
>>receive frequencies.
>

> RIT and XIT are independent, as though you had two separate controls.  You
> can, however, lock them a fixed offset from each other by pressing both XIT
> and RIT and the same time.
>
> Grant/NQ5T

Jay Terleski
Array Solutions
972 203 2008
Military Communications Systems, Phased Arrays, RF Switches, Antennas &
Towers
http://www.arraysolutions.com