Orion

[Orion] Orion AF gain

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Orion AF gain
From: "skip" <k3cc@fast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 02:14:23 -0500
Ok guys,
 this morning I was listening to CW on 80 with my Orion and working 40 SSB
with my MPmkV.  The volume decreased in the Orion drifting lower and lower
until I couldn't hear anything.  I turned the AF gain and nothing, by
accident I pushed the AF gain control in and the audio almost broke my ear
drums.  It seems that the AF gain control is bad.  I'm not sure if it's a
pot or a LED and chopper.

That sorta solves one problem.  Hardware related. not firmware.  I am using
the latest release.  The other problems may be in the hardware as well.

I hate to send a piece of equipment back and say well this doesn't work
without having something tangible for the techs to look at.

I also found out that the hold in the bottom of the Orion for the mic gain
has a plug in it.

de Skip       K3CC