Orion

Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion Rcve
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 00:26:48 -0600

> Unfortunately you get a lot of "I've had my Orion since day
> zero and I never have that problem"!!

I've had my Orion since the 27th of March, 2003, and never had that problem.
Well ... Some of them, but not THAT one.

> It does very little good to raise the issues on the
> reflectors because all you will get is, 1) do a master reset,
> 2) do a ram clear, 3) if it's not satisfactory to you, maybe
> you should sell it.

No one said SELL it.  Give it a break.  The first two questions you
indicated are perfectly reasonable.  You think not?  The suggestion to TAKE
IT UP WITH TT is also perfectly reasonable.  It's why there is a "support"
link on the website, a phone number, and an email address.

You certainly won't get a solution here on the reflector.  But you will get
more than just a few sour replies complaining that everyone else who doesn't
have YOUR problem doesn't have functioning neurons, never uses their radio,
must be an English major so they know NOTHING about the nuances of
technology or firmware and can barely find the power switch, refuses to
admit they have a problem, is a TT shill, is an "amateur" amateur or maybe
just an ignorant ragchewer, or is just plain so stupid they actually
installed the latest firmware release, which of course is so RIDDEN with
problems that the radio is largely rendered useless.

It never ends ...

Grant/NQ5T