Orion

Re: [Orion] [TenTec] Comments from an ORION user

To: orion@contesting.com, g.crosta@tin.it
Subject: Re: [Orion] [TenTec] Comments from an ORION user
From: Martin AA6E <msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 04:44:20 -0800 (PST)
Beppe,

It's always useful to get new user's reactions to the Orion.  I'm sure
TT has heard many but not all of these before.  In particular, I
support your comments about the use of the LCD "real estate".  The
filter graphic does mean something, and eventually you will figure it
out.  But the information could be presented in a hundred better ways!

About the big blank space when the (semi-useful) sweep is off:
According to the schematics, the Orion does have a clock chip built in,
so it should be easy (well, possible!) to show time of day.  If that's
too hard, maybe TT could show a randomly selected "fortune cookie"
message? "Your audio is admired by everyone on the band."  "Thank you
for buying a Ten-Tec product." hi.

Please also send your list direct to ditsnbits@tentec.com.

I have a log of my first year's experience and suggestions at
http://www.aa6e.net/aa6e/blog/ , if you're interested.

73, Martin AA6E