Orion

[Orion] Alpha 89 and Orion

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Alpha 89 and Orion
From: "Robert Carroll" <rlcarroll@patmedia.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:50:11 -0500
I am in the process of moving an Alpha 89 to work with my Orion instead of
the AL1500 now being used.  I would like to get hookup guidance for full QSK
operation of the Alpha 89 (like an Alpha 87 without the auto tuning).  In
particular I would like to hear whether or not the Key Out connector on the
Alpha and TX EN on the Orion are being used or if the TX EN on the Orion is
grounded-or handled in some other way--given the Alpha advice to use Key Out
only with transceivers having poor timing performance.

A reply off line would be great.

Bob W2WG