Orion

[Orion] Steady low level tone when keyiing xmit in SSB mode

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] Steady low level tone when keyiing xmit in SSB mode
From: "Larry Emery" <k1uo@uninets.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:30:50 -0500
Well...In helping a friend adjust his new ORION's audio etc...I
discovered I have a steady low level tone present whenever I key the
xmtr in SSB mode, with or without the processor on .  very annoying.
Using the Heil headsets (tried 2 different ones)  The radio was
updated to include the mic input filter.

Just noted if I key the xmtr in SSB mode via the CW MENU: SSB: CW Jack
PTT = "on"  the tone is gone and audio sounds fb.???

Larry