Orion

Re: [Orion] Re: [TenTec] Orion

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Re: [TenTec] Orion
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:33:58 -0600
Interestingly, I run a G5RV Jr (the 40m version) at a low elevation just
above the roof of my one-story house.  My shack is under one end of it.
I have run 1 KW into it on occasion, and using the Orion, 705 mic, (Alpha
99 amp and TT 238 tuner), I have had no RFI problems unless I use the
Heil ProSet.  I need to try a couple different rewires on the ProSet
connections yet, but this is certainly an RF-rich environment, yet I have
not seen problems with a similar setup to what you're using, Eric.  (I
also have an HF2V vertical in the back yard, and it also shows no RF
problems when I use it.)

        73,  Duane