Orion

RE: [Orion] desk microphone ??

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [Orion] desk microphone ??
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:49:04 -0500
I am using the simple hand mic from ten tec, beleive it or not, it gets great audio on the Orion due to the way you can set the mic's response.

Just a thought for someone.

73's
Rich
K5SF

From: WB3LGC@aol.com
To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] desk microphone ??
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:25:20 EDT

My Orion is on order. Now I need a desk microphone for it. I have a headset
with a HC-4 element that I will need to change the connector, but I also want
to work stations other then DX or contests and I would like to sound natural.
I guess the question is between the Studio One, Gold Line (with HC-4 for the
quick DX contact), or dual HM-10 (with HC-4 and HC-5). I donâ??t care about
Hi-Fi SSB, just rag chew and DX.

Any comments on the HC-4 or HC-5 element used with the Orion?

73, Steve WB3LGC