Orion

[Orion] Two questions

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Two questions
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:48:46 -0500
Quick question for the learned group -- in RX, regardless of how little
signal is present, the S-meter stays a tad over S1.  In transmit, with no
output, it goes to zero, but as soon as it switches back to receive, it's
back to S1.  I notice there is a black bar below S1, I guess indicating
that
S1 is the bottom of the scale.  Is that correct?

OK, one more.  All the encoders on my rig are nice and smooth turning
except for the one that is the PBT/BW, probably the one I use the most
(other than the tuning).  Is there a way to loosen these up a bit.  No
way would I send the rig back to TT for this.

Those are the only nits I can find on the rig, and I'm pretty
detail-oriented.  Well, some would say "anal-retentive."

        73,  Duane