Orion

Re: [Orion] FSK on the Orion

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] FSK on the Orion
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:22:12 -0500
I'm confused.  I'm waiting for my Orion to arrive, and getting the setup
ready, including FSK from my HAL DXP-38.  Running FSK on my Omni VI+, the
RX is in LSB mode (rig is in FSK), regardless of band, and the "Mark"
tone is always the "high pitched" tone when you're listening.  Could the
confusion be that the "high pitched" tone is actually the lowest in
actual frequency offset from the carrier freq when transmitted (due to
LSB 'orientation'?  Most of the rigs I've used end up needing to be
reversed from what the manuals say, and most TNC's make that option
available.  Don't know why this is, but it would be nice to have one
wired so the standard definitions work.  Does anyone know where this is
described in detail?  (Not that it's a big deal - except for each time
you set up fresh or update your software and go through the embarassing
first inverted QSO....)

        73,  Duane

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:12:37 -0500 "George Skoubis"
<george.skoubis@verizon.net> writes:
> Bill,
>
>   I had the same experience the other day. I just received my Orion
> last
> week and had built my interface to connect the computer, FSK, voice
> keying, CW keying, etc.

yada, yada, yada . . .

>  >

Duane Calvin, AC5AA