Orion

[Orion] rx audio problem

To: "Orion" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] rx audio problem
From: "William H. Hein" <Bill@AA6TT.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:01:36 -0500
While getting ready for NAQP this morning I noticed that the rx SSB audio in
my Orion sounded awful--raspy and noisy, like every signal I was listening
to was horribly overdriven.

I check out the same signals with my FT-1000D and noticed that the same
signals sounded OK there.

I've tried doing a master reset without success.  I've checked all the NB
and NR controls, they're all off, and also the audio controls and they're
normal.

Anyone else experience this?  I hate to send my Orion back for service for
the 2nd time in less than a year.

73,
Bill NT1Y