NA-User

[na-user] DATOM Web Site Status

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] DATOM Web Site Status
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:54:01 -0400
Here is the best info I have on the status of the web site.

Yesterday (Wednesday, 4/12) the folks at the server down in Atlanta
switched the DATOM web site from the old URL to the new URL.  The download
site did not work because webmaster Tom had to make some changes to
accomodate the new locations of the web site's files.  He did so late last
night and the download site was working.  However, it was not secured -
i.e., anyone could get in a download NA.  A few users did so, and were
conscientious enough to give us a "heads up" concerning the lack of
requiring a password to get in.  I shot off a note to the folks at the
server asking them to straighten this out.

Today (Thursday, 4/13) there must have been some changes made.  Around 22Z
today, the site was not accessible at all.  I just tried a short time ago
(approximately 0340Z on 4/14 UTC) and the site is back, but nobody can get
in, despite having a valid password.  More work apparently is still needed
at the server.

I will try to get things straightened out tomorrow (Friday, 4/14), but by
late afternoon I'm off for a 22 county jaunt in the Michigan QSO Party.  If
its not fixed by then I will try to have webmaster Tom follow up.

We apologize for all of this inconvenience.  Its all out of our control
(the URL change was necessary because of changes occuring at the server)
but we're working hard to try to get things back to normal.

73,

Dave/K8CC
Tom/WB8VMN
DATOM Engineering