NA-User

[na-user] My personal wishlist

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] My personal wishlist
From: Bill Fisher - W4AN <w4an@contesting.com> (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 08:41:17 -0500 (EST)

Mine...

1) I wish there was an easy way to program the sending speed on the
alternate radio while the CQ radio is active.  I also hate the fact that I
can't see the sending speed of the two radios, but I'm not sure where that
would go on the screen.  I think it's valuable to know your speed, I
wasted a lot of time calling guys who were sending slow by calling them
too fast.   I invariably ended up fumbling around with keyboard trying to
slow down radio-2 and would slow down radio-1 by mistake.

2) I wish the ALT-J window would automatically update so I dont have to
keep hitting ALT-J.  Also, I know I'm being a pain in the ass here... but
for CQWW the points listing in the ALT-J window is meaningless.  In CQ WPX
it's everything.  Is there any chance that for CQWW it display zones and
countries broken out and for WPX it shows points?  Stop rolling your eyes
Pruett!  :)

By the way, this ALT-J window is the best.  I looked at it almost the
entire contest until Sunday morning.  Then I was looking at the ALT-S
window to see where I needed to concentrate.

Also big thanks to you and N6TR for coming up with this two radio stuff.
It's extremely efficient.  On Saturday morning I had a 151 hour on 10
meters and in so doing made 21 2nd radio QSO's on 15 meters to make the
hour a 172.  Most hours were between 15 and 25 2nd radio QSO's for the
duration of the contest.

NA Tip-O-the-day...

I keymapped the ALT-D to the PERIOD key.  I keymapped the PLUS key to the
SINGLE TIC key just to the left of ENTER.  I keymapped INSERT to the COMMA
key.   This means that my right hand now never leaves it's resting
position and there is far less movement of my hands during the contest.  I
highly suggest this technique and I'm pissed I didn't think of it a long
time ago.

73

Bill