NA-User

[na-user] Lock Up on W9XT Card

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Lock Up on W9XT Card
From: Gary Sutcliffe <garys@nconnect.net> (Gary Sutcliffe)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 22:48:25 -0600
At 07:30 PM 12/13/98 -0600, Tom Branch wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I had my W9XT card lock up this weekend during the 10 meter contest.  It was
>fine until you ran CW--when returning to SSB, you had to record new messages
>to free it up.  If you failed to record a message, you could not use the
>microphone either--no audio.  NA or the W9XT card?

I found this problem about 2 hours before the contest. I down loaded vers.
10.35 hoping it would solve the problem. It didn't.

When you enabled both the CW keyer and voice keyer in the NA start up
screens, the voice keyer does not work. I set both of them at LPT2 using
the CONFIG program. If you don't enable CW the voice keyer works OK. It
looks like NA does not like them to be at the same address and active for
the same contest. I suspect it will cause problems in FD too.

I got around the problem for the contest by putting one Contest Card at
LPT1 for CW and another at LPT2 for the voice keyer. That's probably not an
option for most. :-)

73 - Gary, W9XT

Gary Sutcliffe, W9XT          Unified Microsystems
garys@nconnect.net            PO Box 133
http://www.QTH.com/w9xt       Slinger, WI 53086