NA-User

[na-user] na10 on a B&W monitor

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] na10 on a B&W monitor
From: David A. Pruett" <k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 23:42:41 -0500
We don't have any b&w VGA monitors here at DATOM to test with.  I often
thought these would make great ham monitors from the RF emissions point of
view.  However, interest in these monitors dwindled real fast when the
color VGAs started to get dirt cheap.  I don't even know if you can buy b&w
VGAs any more.

The problem is further complicated in that its appears that different video
cards might map the different colors to different gray shades.  For
example, who is to decide whether red is darker than blue, or vica versa?

The only way out of this is to use the F9 feature in CONFIG to adjust the
colors ON THAT COMPUTER to something that is usable.  Each NA screen color
is an entry in that table in F9.  Just go thru and adjust each one so at
least you can read it (light on dark or dark on light).  This takes a
little fiddling, but I guarantee you can make something workable out of
this.  See page 4 of your NA manual for more details.

73,

Dave/K8CC