[Karlnet] WISPNOG

Subject: [Karlnet] WISPNOG
From: "Charles Wu" <cwu@cwlab.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:44:49 -0600
WISPNOG UPDATE: 12-22-04

So we've been working hard the past few days to finalize the venue,
associations partnerships, and speakers...I'm proud to say that we currently
have the following exciting updates:

1. WISPA Participation
>www.wispnog.com/sessions/wispa.htm

The Wireless Internet Service Providers Association (>www.wispa.org) has
tentatively agreed to hold their "coming-out-party" and first forum meeting
in an afternoon 3 hour Day 1 WISPNOG session - currently, we have 3 out of
the 7 members of the interim Board of Directors who have committed to
coming, and we are working on finalizing schedules in order to try to get
everyone to come...

2. WISPNOG Coupon Book
>www.wispnog.org/coupon.htm

The WISPNOG Coupon Book, representing thousands of dollars in savings on
WISP infrastructure, hardware & software solutions, currently has 20
confirmed sponsors, w/ over 40 more vendors expressing interest. The thought
here is that, even if ALL conference sessions are a complete dud, you'll
more than payback your investment in coming to WISPNOG with the savings from
this coupon book

3. Beer -n- Wireless Gear >www.wispnog.com/sessions/beerandgear.htm

We currently have 6 sponsors who have agreed to "pitch in" for the "Beer -n-
Wireless Gear" social event...the concept is simple...vendors have gear, use
a combination of beer and tasty snacks to attract attendees over to their
tables/booths

4. Topic List/Agenda almost finalized >www.wispnog.org/sessions.htm

We think we've put together a killer lineup of topics that will address the
relevant issues that WISPs today face...currently, our moderator list
includes representatives from industry leading WISPs such as NextWeb, DLS
Internet, Mesa Networks, Kruger Communications, Megabridge and more -
hopefully, all of us seasoned industry veterans will be able to attend and
contribute our collective wisdom and experiences in order to make it a
successful conference for all.

If you have any questions/comments/suggestions about WISPNOG, please feel
free to post your comments here
http://www.wispreviews.com/viewforum.php?f=58&sid=4dc914379cd245d65040324542
8e565a...

-Charles