Re: [Karlnet] Bridge learn Issue

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Bridge learn Issue
From: martin@belairinternet.com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 00:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there,

Ugly? Well the setup is like this:

Main PtP link (A and B, 5 user), to point KN-205 (C) behind it with 2
links to brideing clients. Eace client has a sonicwall attached on the
ethernet side. And then there is the 2 webcams right behind point B. So a
total of 2 sonicwalls, 2 TC clients, 2 webcams and a base (KN-205) all TC
brideing right behind B.... They are all arp'ing (if there was ever such a
word ;)).

I dont need the clients to access the net but the base (for link tests),
the cams and the sonicwalls need access.

I wonder if the L2 bridgeing mode (from C to A) would fix the issue... But
I dont know what the L2 bridgeing mode does. If it was a "kind" of L2TP it
would work (the MAC filter would not allow the clients to pass through the
tunnel)...... I think ill go hunt for a 2x ethernet MAC filtering device.
Sveasoft Alchemy seems stable..... But Linksys?? ;)

Thanks everyone,

Martin Madsen
Bel Air Internet