Re: [Karlnet] KN-50's - anyone seen this

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN-50's - anyone seen this
From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:44:57 -0500
Yes.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 9:43 PM

Are you on an omni?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Cc: "Scot Green" <sjgreen@htonline.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 8:26 PM
Subject: [Karlnet] KN-50's - anyone seen this

We have an ap with 37 clients on it (flashrom). It has been running fine,
although I know it is heavily loaded. We are going to sectors on this
tower
next week.

We just added our first two KN-50's to this ap (all others are RG's.
These
are the first KN-50's we've used).  I have noticed since bringing the
KN-50's online that ping times on the AP have gotten terrible (200+ ms
about
every third ping to most clients).

Last night, all clients stopped passing traffic.  The station list showed
all associated, but can't ping any of them.  Changing channels brought
those
clients with channel scan enabled back online and they worked fine.  Went
around today and switched the rest, including the two KN-50's to the new
channel.  Now, it has just happened again.  Went back to the old channel,
and all clients are working fine (of course the KN-50's didn't follow).

It could be coincidence with the KN-50's...but if that's not related..does
anyone have any ideas what's going on here? We are out in the boonies
and
have very little interference to deal with as a rule.