RE: UPDATE: [Karlnet] KN200 Problems

Subject: RE: UPDATE: [Karlnet] KN200 Problems
From: LaRoy McCann <lmccann@dtisp.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:40:30 -0600
Kevin,
I have a chart that you sent me showing the voltage-vs-length for PoE.  It
shows that for about 185 - 200 ft the voltage should be 16 to 17 volts for the
kn200.  Does the card output matter in this calculation? (30mw, 100mw, 200mw)

I think your documentation on the website shows any voltage up to 48V will
work.  You might want to update the docs if this is not the case.

The units I bought came with a 24V PS.  What problems will the extra voltage
cause?  Just overheating and lockup or can it cause damage to the board or
radios?

Here is a link to the units I bought, I'm sure your familiar with these.  Does
Karlnet feel that these are ok as sold in the aluminum enclosures?
http://www.demarctech.com/products/reliawave-rwk/reliawave-rwk-sat.html

One other question:  Is Karlnet shipping the RSU-KN50 units yet?

Thanks for your help and input.
LaRoy