[Karlnet] Is this interference?

Subject: [Karlnet] Is this interference?
From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:35:56 -0500
I ask because I have never really seen it for sure.

We have one access point where only in the evenings or on weekends as a rule,
we will have periods lasting as long as 30 minutes where some clients fall
offline (usually random ones).  This ap was on channel 10, but I switched the
ap and all clients to channel 4, seems to behave the same on either channel.

If I go into station entries in configurator (radio stats) these are the
figures:

During normal times:  (21 clients on)
noise from -45 to -72
signal from -45 to -65

During the outages  (of the clients still online)
noise from -58 to -60
signal from -45 to -52

I am wondering if it is interference of some sort or an amp going flaky.  We do
have a 1 watt amp on this AP, but it's a two piece and I don't want to go up
and replace it if it's not the problem.

Can anyone offer any advice?  This problem is driving me batty!