RE: [Karlnet] wet 11

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] wet 11
From: "Charles Chia Sheng Wu" <cwu@cwlab.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:26:28 -0500
>So, as it stands, it's a 5vdc supply, and the cable run on it that we can
>expect should be on the order of 25' or so, like the WET11.   I've been
able
>to extend that by using  a 9vdc supply for the WET11 (if I recall
>correctly).

>The stock connector on the radio is RP-SMA, correct?  Looks like the
>dimensions are such that it will have to be dumped out of it's case to fit
>in a 6X6X4" NEMA.  (Or, you could have Karlnet flash some standard WET11s,
>which fit nicely in that box.)

but the WET-11 has a nasty problem with Ethernet port lockups - so do you
really want to have your KarlNet units failing just like WET-11s?

Devices tested

Buffalo - WLI-T1-S11G

Linksys- WET11

Hawking-WA300

Some of these boards have a flaw that can make the Ethernet a bit flaky.  We
have NOT seen this problem yet on the Hawking board.  The Ethernet problem
is solved on the other boards (again, we have not seen it yet on any hawking
boards, but that does not mean it is not a problem, we have just not seen it
yet) by cutting a trace.

>I'll just wastecan the shipped pigtail,
>and use the pigtail I use on the WET11.

if you don't want the pigtail, I'll take $15 off the price

>What would you charge if you dropped the pigtail, Charles?   How about
>pricing on a WET11 flashed with the same software?

we won't sell you a WET11 w/ KarlNet, b/c I don't have enough profit margin
to support hundreds of flaky units in the field...now if you send me a WET11
to be flashed, that's a different story (minimum amount we're taking is 20,
so maybe get together with a bunch of friends)

-Charles