[Karlnet] D-Link DWL-800AP+ Will this do us any good?

To: "ISP Wireless List" <isp-wireless@isp-wireless.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] D-Link DWL-800AP+ Will this do us any good?
From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:19:44 -0500
http://www.d-link.com/products/wireless/dwl800ap+/

This may have already been covered on the list, but I was just reading a
review on the new D-Link repeater device and it seems it might be a help in
some situations we encounter.  We have a lot of situations where one point
in a neighborhood, ie someone's tv tower has a clear LOS shot to our tower,
but none of the other homes, etc. in the neighborhood do.  Has anyone
successfully added an external antenna to one of these and used it as a
repeater in that sort of circumstance?

Since it seems to just pass on an 802.11b signal in repeater mode, would it
still work if the access point and clients are running Karlnet?

Enquiring wisp minds want to know.