RE: [Karlnet] Linux Driver Still Available?

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Linux Driver Still Available?
From: Paul Horak <paulhorak@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:58:20 -0800 (PST)
Yes, but 'support it' is another issue. My experiences
of Karlnet linux driver support have not been good. I
get the impression they may see Linux support as a bit
of a threat to their other (more expensive) products.
It's a shame because you can do all sorts of
interesting things with a Linux box (Wisp-Dist from
http://leaf.sourceforge.com/ is a good example IMHO).
At present the best option seems to be RG-SOHO or
similar connected to a Linux box over the ethernet -
just a shame this means you end up with 2 boxes, not
1.

Maybe someone from Karlnet would like to comment on
their future 'support' of Linux?

Personally I think Karlnet works great for the
wireless side of things, but I much prefer to use a
Linux box for firewalling, routing, tunnelling, etc. -
no matter what the price of these 'add-ons' are from
Karlnet. I imagine many ISPs who use Linux regularly
must feel the same.

Paul