Re: [Karlnet] Erros in new karlnet bins

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Erros in new karlnet bins
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:39:09 -0400
Leszek Olszewski wrote:
Anybody else noticed them?

After upgrading to 4.27 Preferred IP address on IP router setup doesn't work - no matter what I set the router presents itself with one of the other addresses assigned to interfaces (didn't find any real rule here).

Hello,

I saw this too. Not sure if it affects operation of the device yet. What I notice is that it is that the .bin is still based on 7.52 firware for the Orinoco cards. Any hope of 8.10 soon?

Polling on multi-point seems much better though, I have not yet compared throughput but my RTT seems lower.

Lastly, we had noticed in 3.88 that there seemed to be an incremental amount of traffic generated as clients were added to a multipoint setup. The more customers we had, the more "base" traffic each satellite received. 4.02 corrected this, and now it is back in 4.27. According to MRTG, there is about 100bps per satellite generated and this number rises linearly.

I almost forgot: the INEXISTENT problem according to Karlnet of ethernet carrier sense errors in 4.02 on the WPIIe (aka AP1000) is now fixed in 4.27. Thanks Karlnet!

Chris