Re: [Karlnet] AP-1000 & 200mw

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] AP-1000 & 200mw
From: "Norm Young" <npyoung@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:19:02 -0700
Bill, I'm seeing a S/N ratio much lower.   Both signal and noise are much
depressed over the Orinoco card...but for that matter, running the SOM for a
link of 7.5mi with 20dB xmit power into a 15 dB antenna (with about 20' of
LMR 400, 4 connectors, one lightning arrestor) into a 24dB antenna with that
4' pigtail, Orinoco card, should result in a receive signal of -66dBm.  What
I'm seeing is right around -80dBm.   So, something isn't kosher.  I don't
know if the antenna is aimed directly at this place I'm taking measurements
at--it may be that the 15dB gain on the antenna is less for this particular
place.

Norm