[Karlnet] Stupid questions

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Stupid questions
From: "admin " <admin@mail.warpspeedinternet.ws>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:04:26 -0700
Bill,
   I will join you with the stupid/rookie questions. Karlnet web site lacks a
lot of clear information. What is SEC for on the client side? From what I
understand the TC upgrade takes the unit out of the 802.11b protocol and must
deal directly with a TC enabled AP or such. But the SEC client will work with
the regular AP. So is the SEC basically converting the RG units to work
backwards, distributing information on the wired side of the RG to clients from
a wireless source (us)instead of wirelessly to clients from a wired LAN? If so,
is this the only feature of the basic SEC upgrade or are there other included
features? If not, then I am totally confused.
TIA,

--
Eric L. Johnson
WarpSpeed Internet