CT-User

[ct-user] Fw: RE: K1EA/Harvard Radio DVP pinout help pse

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Fw: RE: K1EA/Harvard Radio DVP pinout help pse
From: Karl Brandt <nd8dx@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:35:26 -0800 (PST)

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Karl Brandt <nd8dx@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Karl Brandt <nd8dx@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [ct-user] K1EA/Harvard Radio DVP pinout help pse
To: "Ted Bryant" <W4NZ@comcast.net>
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 8:21 PM

Hi Ted,

Thank You for the PDF of the manual. The only thing confusing abt the cable is
the lack of nomenclature such as the usual "input"/ "output"...I wud assume tt
the "mic jack" ( to pin 3) wud be the input and the "mic plug" ( to pin 1) wud
be the output....however the used cable I recieved is marked "mic" on the pair
tt goes to pin 1 ...completely opposite of what
I wud expect based on the use of the terms plug and jack in the drawings.  Hope
tt makes sense...so now the question is which is right... is the mic input to
the DVP pin 1 or
pin 3 ??

73's  TU  Karl