CT-User

[ct-user] networking two laptops

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] networking two laptops
From: Dave Wright <dwright2@ix.netcom.com> (Dave Wright)
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 09:10:18 -0700

--------------4F4B58D751B640624DE0C27C

You may want to check out Digi Products at:

http:\\www.digiboard.com

They make tons of communications products, many specifically for remote
commuications.

Good stuff!  GL 73 de Dave K6JOX

David Robbins wrote:

> i hadn't really thought about it recently and couldn't find
> a catalog here in my recently cleaned up shack but
> i did a couple quick searches and was rather surprised that
> xircom didn't have one, but the following link does:
> http://www.synchrotech.com/gp-serial.html
>
> and this one has one and 4 serial port pcmcia cards:
> http://www.bb-elec.com/catalog/cards/cards.html
>
> there are probably more, but these were the first couple
> i found in an altavista search.
>
> Jim Kehler wrote:
> >
> > Dave, do you know of anybody who makes PCMCIA com ports,
> > I have been looking for them for years....
> >
> > 73, Jim KH2D
> >
> > > if both computers have pcmcia slots you could get two more
> > > com port cards and use them as com3 to network with. or you
> > > could get two ethernet cards and use my ethernet tsr to network
> > > with.

> >    Part 1.2       Type: application/ms-tnef
> >               Encoding: base64
>
> --
> David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
> k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net
> http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/k1ttt.html
>
> --
> Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
> WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/ct/
> Questions:                owner-ct-user@contesting.com

--------------4F4B58D751B640624DE0C27C

<HTML>
You may want to check out Digi Products at:

<P><B><U><A
HREF="http:\\www.digiboard.com">http:\\www.digiboard.com</A></U></B><B><U></U></B>

<P>They make tons of communications products, many specifically for remote
commuications.

<P>Good stuff!&nbsp; GL 73 de Dave K6JOX
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>David Robbins wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>i hadn't really thought about it recently and couldn't
find
<BR>a catalog here in my recently cleaned up shack but
<BR>i did a couple quick searches and was rather surprised that
<BR>xircom didn't have one, but the following link does:
<BR><A
HREF="http://www.synchrotech.com/gp-serial.html";>http://www.synchrotech.com/gp-serial.html</A>

<P>and this one has one and 4 serial port pcmcia cards:
<BR><A
HREF="http://www.bb-elec.com/catalog/cards/cards.html";>http://www.bb-elec.com/catalog/cards/cards.html</A>

<P>there are probably more, but these were the first couple
<BR>i found in an altavista search.

<P>Jim Kehler wrote:
<BR>>
<BR>> Dave, do you know of anybody who makes PCMCIA com ports,
<BR>> I have been looking for them for years....
<BR>>
<BR>> 73, Jim KH2D
<BR>>
<BR>> > if both computers have pcmcia slots you could get two more
<BR>> > com port cards and use them as com3 to network with. or you
<BR>> > could get two ethernet cards and use my ethernet tsr to network
<BR>> > with.
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Part 1.2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Type:
application/ms-tnef
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Encoding: base64

<P>--
<BR>David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
<BR>k1ttt@berkshire.net&nbsp;&nbsp; or&nbsp;&nbsp; robbins@berkshire.net
<BR><A
HREF="http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/k1ttt.html";>http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/k1ttt.html</A>

<P>--
<BR>Submissions:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
ct-user@contesting.com
<BR>Administrative requests:&nbsp; ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
<BR>WWW:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A HREF="http://www.contesting.com/ct/";>http://www.contesting.com/ct/</A>
<BR>Questions:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
owner-ct-user@contesting.com</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------4F4B58D751B640624DE0C27C--