CT-User

[ct-user] Interface Problem with TS850

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Interface Problem with TS850
From: george fremin iii <geoiii@bga.com> (george fremin iii)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:38:09 -0600 (CST)
Robert Naumann writes:
>You may have a problem with the 850.  One of mine would "receive" from the
>computer, but would not "transmit" data to it.  I found that something
>"hangs" on the digital board and all you need to do is disconnect all the
>cables connected to it (inside the 850) and it will reset and come back to
>life.  You can verify this in TR.  See if the frequency displayed actually
>changes when you spin the knob.  My suspicion is that it may not.  The only
>difference is that TR does not give you an error message that the radio is
>not talking like CT does.

I have touched both of the radios and computers that W5VX is
talking about.
Bill is correct, they work normally with TR-Log - frequency and everything.
Both radios are using the Kenwood ifc-232 level converter.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "