Re: [CQ-Contest] Melti Band Dipole?

To: "'Vincent Weal'" <vincek4jc@gmail.com>, "'Joe'" <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Melti Band Dipole?
From: "Dennis Younker NE6I" <NE6I@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 16:54:32 -0700
Well, Joe, try not to melt one by running more power than it is rated for. Hi
hi. You can easily melt an OCF too.

I too would go with the parallel dipole aka fan dipole. It is resonant on all
bands either out of the package or after some minor tuning. Resonant antennas
outperform compromise OCFs all day. There are a few vendors out there selling
them if you don't want to build one yourself.

--Dennis NE6I