[CQ-Contest] Some ideas for the N1MM CQ Button

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some ideas for the N1MM CQ Button
From: Pete Chamalian via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2024 16:04:04 -0400
Thanks to N1MM, all manner of code can be put into your function keys.  Of
late, my typing has gotten a bit sloppy and I can manage to hit the `/~ (top
left under the ESC Key).  For me, that key will turn on the B VFO.  If you
hit it, you are now listening on the B VFO as well as A.  Not something you
really want, and if you don't realize what's happening, it can sound as if
you have a CQer or pileup on your CQ frequency.

That happened to me this afternoon.  All of a sudden, I had DK9PY calling CQ
on top of me!  And he wouldn't QSY!  I put up with it for a while then
looked at the K4.  I saw both VFO A and B lit!  Groan.

I fixed the problem by adding a little code to my F1 key.  The code,
{CATA1ASC RT1;}{CATA1ASC AB0;}{CLEARRIT}, does 3 things.  RT1 turns the RIT
on, AB0 sets vfo B to VFO A and clearrit does just that.

Now, If I hit the `~ key, I will be listening on my CQ frequency in both
VFO's

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1RM@Comcast.net <mailto:W1RM@Comcast.net>

Pete Chamalian, W1RM