[CQ-Contest] Hams In Grenada

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Hams In Grenada
From: Vincent Weal <vincek4jc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 17:08:21 -0400
Hi all,

A local ham's (Jim, KC9UD) son is moving to Grenada, and he is trying to
contact a J3 ham who the son can stay in touch with in the event of an
emergency. I'm including his original message here. If you can help Jim
with any information, please contact him directly at jlauk57@gmail.com.

Thanks and 73,
Vince K4JC

My son is currently in the process of moving to the island of Grenada in
the Caribbean. In light of the recent hurricane activity down there, I
was wanting to try and find a local ham near him such that we could
pre-arrange maintaining contact with my son in the event of loss of
cellular and internet service due to natural disaster or whatever.

  So I have some questions I was hoping to get some help with:

1) How can I find a listing of Amateur Radio Operators (and hopefully
their addresses so I can find someone in close proximity to where my son
is) on the island of Grenada?

2) Once I find someone, how could I contact them (preferably via email,
so I could explain the situation and see if they would be interested in
helping in this manner)?

3) Assuming questions 1 & 2 above work out favorably, what band would I
use, and what time of day would be optimal for communications with the
Caribbean? FYI, I have an  end-fed half-wave that tunes up very well on
40, 20, 15, and the low end of 10M, and it is oriented such that the
Caribbean is broadside to the antenna, so I should be able to talk in
that direction.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jim