Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL contests results site down

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL contests results site down
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR via CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2024 17:20:29 -0400
Ransomware is when they encrypt your data and ask for a ransom to get the decryption key.

Hopefully they had ransomware proof backups...

On 5/21/2024 1:23 PM, WW3S wrote:
I am fairly certain that last year, with the sloooow processing by LOTW, the server was replaced
over the weekend by W5OV…..so I assume it’s physically located at Newington….if
thats the case, how can it be held for ransom? Cant you physically disconnect it, wipe it, and start
from scratch with a backup ?!?!! If its not that simple, what am I missing?

--
73 de Mike, W1NR

THAT was the equation. EXISTENCE!... SURVIVAL... must cancel out... programming!

- Ruk -