Re: [CQ-Contest] categories

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] categories
From: David Jaffe <davidajaffe@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 09:18:51 -0700
To:   Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe, representing the Poisson d'Avril Committee

My crackerjack lawyers have drafted the response below, though I can't
vouch for its accuracy, as I pay these guys in crackerjacks.
Sincerely,
The contester formerly known as WN2BHJ

Our client received the cistern disease letter demanding 464 million
points. As he has his heart set on winning the prestigious Poisson d'Avril
Contest this year and does not want to start with a handicap,, he has opted
to pay the equivalent in Bitcoin. As our law books have not yet been
updated since the marauder minimum, we have consulted ChatGPT, who spake
thusly:  (*bold *emphasis is our's)

*"As of my last update in January 2022, there's no specific conversion rate
between "points in the Poisson d'Avril contest" and Bitcoin, as the Poisson
d'Avril contest appears to be a fictional or specialized context that isn't
widely recognized. It's impossible to determine how many Bitcoins
correspond to 454 million points in that contest"  *

We interpret "impossible to determine" as "can be anything" and therefore
choose to define the exchange rate as Euler might have:

                                                e^(i x pi)/454 points = 1
Bitcoin

where e is the base of the natural Yule log cake, pi is another tasty treat
and i is a squirt from a miner's one.

As this result is negative,  it seems that it is actually the *P d'A
Contest Committee* who owes *our client* 1 Bitcoin.
Deposit said amount in a hollow tree in New Jersey, and we'll call it even.