Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 254, Issue 11

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 254, Issue 11
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:23:09 +0000
I'm NOT OK with RDXC rules and stopped operating it years ago.  Weaker (or
farther from the coast) stations get unequally penalized for busted calls from
THE OTHER GUY and not in their control.  Ultimately, this could encourage
sending the other guy's exchange back to him for confirmation.  Do any of us
want THAT to start?

Worse yet, one year I was slammed by >15% for working guys that were "not
really in the contest" (quoting the sponsor)  when I was running casual US ops.
 Working someone MAKES him in the contest.  We are doing no favor for
contesting or ham radio when we tell casual ops trying to be friendly and give
us a point that they don't count.

73.
Drew K3PA

Message: 2