Re: [CQ-Contest] NA CW Sprint Exchange, ACK, and Log Deadline

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NA CW Sprint Exchange, ACK, and Log Deadline
From: Lee Hiers <lee.hiers@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 14:35:41 -0500
On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 2:24 PM Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com> wrote:

> It should be noted that regardless of where the sender's call sign is
> placed the order of Number, Name, and QTH does not vary.  There is no
> intention of making that order a rule either, but confusion (and frantic
> typing and tabbing) is reduced if the information is sent in the same order
> that logging software expects. 99.9% of the time, we do that, of course.

It's the same with SS - every so often a station doesn't send his call as
part of the exchange - even though it's called for in the rules - and
always causes me a slight hiccup.

> It would not hurt our overall totals to
> send "R" or "TU" (X) to make it easier for everyone.

I always send TU.  But I'm not much of a Sprint op.

   It would also not

> hurt our overall totals to wait until you hear the acknowledgement before
> sending your call.

I usually wait and sometimes don't hear it...to my detriment.  But I'm not
much of a Sprint op.

One of these days I hope to get to where I'm more consistently active,
but....

73 de Lee, AA4GA