Re: [CQ-Contest] Online scoreboard usage stats

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Online scoreboard usage stats
From: jpescatore--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 11:41:24 +0000 (UTC)
After NCCC stopped managing the NA QSO Party Club Challenge in 2021, PVRC
started up the NAQP Online Club Challenge - PVRC Potomac Valley Radio Club To
make it easier to collect/calculate club scores, PVRC made it mandatory for
entrants to use the Online Contest Scoreboard (and to report on 3830) if you
wanted your score to count for your club in the NAQP OCC.
This caused some (on the edge of "much" vs. "some"...) grumbling in the Club,
since many (including me) had not been posting on or looking at the online
scoreboards. The change also occurred about the same time single op assisted
was allowed in NAQP - a lot of cheese was moved at once...
Since I've turned it on in N1MM for NAQP, it just stays on. All in all, I've
enjoyed using it, even though I was not a big fan of the requirement. I usually
don't devote screen space to it during a contest but when I'm thinking of
taking a break, I will bring it up and check on scores by a few guys in the
club and will increase my BIC time to try to sneak in ahead of few guys who
like to shame each other when we get beaten...
The Mar/Apr issue of NCJ will have an article by Kirk K4RO on the Tennessee
Contest Group that mentions TCG internal club competitions - that seem to be a
common thread across clubs for increased activity and membership.
73 John K3TN

|  |
PVRC Potomac Valley Radio Club