Re: [CQ-Contest] VP2VMM Pictures

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] VP2VMM Pictures
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 10:53:46 -0400
Great pix and short video Kenny! Very nice well thought out operation.

I too am a big believer of VOTB (Verticals on the beach) type of antennas.

I've done a number of HF & 6m contests from my Mini right on the waters'
edge but I think my first experience at

a real station that solidified that belief was last years' CQWW SSB from
owner ZF5T(K5GO) QTH, as ZF2AA.  The 40m vertical there is right on the
waters' edge much like your 10m setup and I swear it felt like I was running
3el's at 140'.

Stan is an expert antenna builder and contester.

I would've never guessed you guys were LP on 10m, ever.  Wow !

73 de Mike VE9Antenna Antenna <(mostly vertical arrays here @ home as
well..but nowhere near salt water :-(

---

A group of us activated VP2VMM during the ARRL 10m contest, and I have

posted some pictures and commentary on the VP2VMM QRZ

<https://www.qrz.com/db/VP2VMM>web page.  I hope you enjoy it.

73, and thanks for the QSOs!  Kenny K2KW with AG9A, W9RE and KD4D

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB